To Followers and New Guests...

To Followers and New Guests...

Friday, June 26, 2009

Reflections


Albert Einstein said: ’Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.’ So how does that relate to the deaths of two American icons in one day? Everyone seems to have an opinion, good or bad, on these two people. I think that at one time, Michael Jackson was a talented and electrifying performer, but he became a victim of his own fame. I think Farah Fawcett was a beautiful actress but her tumultuous relationships took a large toll on her life. Both of these people lived in celebrity fish bowls, hounded by paparazzi with their lives defined by hype and media speculation. But quoting the ever brilliant Einstein again, ‘Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish. ‘
It may just be Divine Intervention that neither funeral will be attended by ALL the press. It may still be a circus but the media will have to divide their camps, thereby affording each family a little more space for their grief.

My little space is not going to be too focused on either. I am going to be pondering my Mom, who left us 9 years ago this weekend. I still miss her. Grief never really goes away (how could it? the Love doesn’t go away), you just learn how to manage it better. I know she is with God, and by staying close to Him, I can still stay close to her.
Tomorrow I will post a story about her called ‘The Queen of the Radishes’, with a painting I did in her memory. Stay tuned….

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails