To Followers and New Guests...

To Followers and New Guests...

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wedding Belles and Beaus

Today is my parent's 60th wedding anniversary. Mom was here for the first 51, and then she was called away to the Sweet By and By. In my opinion, God took a liking to her way too early-there is, of course, a strong probability that God knows more than I do. Her spirit is now more free to be in more than 2 places at once; I'm sure she's puttering around the house with my Dad, even as I write this.
There was a quote about marriage in a movie, just last night. It was attributed to Bishop Jeremy Taylor(circa 1600), "Marriage hath in it less of beauty but more of safety, than the single life; it hath more care, but less danger, it is more merry, and more sad; it is fuller of sorrows, and fuller of joys; it lies under more burdens, but it is supported by all the strengths of love and charity, and those burdens are delightful"
Nicely put, Bishop Taylor.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails