To Followers and New Guests...

To Followers and New Guests...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Women in Art on Wednesday


As a kid, if it was ‘Anything Can Happen Day’, I always hoped it meant cartoons. To this day, I am drawn to anything animated (no pun intended). I guess I saw cartoons as drawings that had come to life. More than anything I loved to draw and hoped I would be able to make my own cartoons-or just draw anything I wanted to. My Mom gave me this little example for me to study. Two dots for eyes, two smaller dots for a nose. It was always in a sort of half oval shape, sort of like the letter U. So I would practice, and practice some more.
If things go as I hope to for today, there will be a YouTube video in this post. It is called Women In Art. If I am not able to embed it here, then just an example of my Mom’s little doodle U face will be here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails