To Followers and New Guests...

To Followers and New Guests...

Monday, January 25, 2010

National Oatmeal Month

Here it is, almost the end of the month of January. I missed A.A. Milne's birthday (author of Winnie the Pooh) on the 18th. I guess it was because we were honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. whose birthday was actually on January 15th. I do understand the rationale for making Mondays the day we observed a lot of holidays. That being said, I personally favor recognizing the actual dates. I will likely make the same observation in February, when both Lincoln and Washington became a 'two-for-one' celebration of President's Day. But that's another topic. I almost missed the anniversary of the invention of the beer can, Beer Can Appreciation Day. This beverage made Milwaukee famous; it's only fitting that one of the pilsner's containers be remembered. I remembered in time to raise a can and toast 'Salud!' (or Nostrovia, or Prost, or Sante, Salute, or Slainte) But let us not forget, every morning to start the day (especially the morning after these toasts) with a good breakfast. January is National Oatmeal Month. I celebrate this daily. Before I knew it helped with cholesterol or any of its other healthy attributes, I loved this stuff. Every day, winter, summer, spring or fall. This picture was taken in June of 2008. Nothing has has changed but the placemat. I have been inspired by a lot of really cool photgraphers lately, and I think I should finish out this celebration with some newer, 'artsier' pics. Stay tuned...






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails