To Followers and New Guests...

To Followers and New Guests...

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day


Today is Father’s Day. My father is a teacher, a veritable fountain of knowledge, now retired. Way back in the day, I attempted to ‘sing his praises’ with a hand-painted plaque. Perhaps it was a Father’s Day present

Despite being retired for some time now, Dad continues to learn. He recently enrolled in a course of independent study on cosmology. Before that it was a course about Egypt.

But the lessons I’ve appreciated the most are
1.) the ones about prejudice not being a good
thing; it has taught me about tolerance and acceptance.
2.) the ones about using all one’s resources; it has taught me to always keep looking for answers.
3.) the ones about being able to make the very worst puns possible at any given moment. It has taught me the power of laughter.

Thanks Dad, and Happy Father’s Day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails