To Followers and New Guests...

To Followers and New Guests...

Monday, June 22, 2009

A Sweet Day

What wears glasses, loves the water, is pink and fun? Well, if you guessed this flamingo, you could be right. I was thinking, however, of someone else. She is very smart, was on Student Council and plays the flute. She also plays softball. She loves dolphins and other ocean life, something important to both of us. She is in the Girl Scouts where she is a great cookie seller. In fact, she was top seller in another fundraiser for her school this year. Yes, she’s fun but she’s also deeply spiritual. She so reminds me of her mother at that age; which is probably not unusual for a granddaughter. Her age, in fact, changes today because it is her birthday. A celebration is in order and I plan to share in it. Then again, just being with her is a celebration no matter what day it is. Who else is gonna sing ‘I’m a Yankee Doodle Dandy’ with me?
Happy Birthday my Sweet!
(Have fun feedin' the fish...I had 'em brought in just for you!)


PS: She's creative too! There's a piece of her art called 'It's A Wave' down on the side...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails