To Followers and New Guests...

To Followers and New Guests...

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Inspiring Women

In today's email was the monthly newsletter from Susan Branch. I love her stuff. She takes quotes and decorates them; sometimes with an embellishment around the words-sometimes the letters themselves becomes a work of art. It started out with a quote from Helen Keller; she's another one of my favorte women, Then the newsletter went on to mention Ivy Bean. Ivy is someone who "Tweets" on Twitter. She has (at last look) about 46,000 followers. Ivy also has a Facebook page. (Here comes the punchline) Ivy just recently celebrated her 104th birthday! I think that is just so cool. I was so enchanted with the whole story and then I realized that Ivy reminded me of yet another inspiring woman. Anna Marie Robertson grew up to be a very famous artist that we all know as Grandma Moses. She didn't even sell her first painting until she was 83! She went on to paint until she was 106.
It has been a good day for being inspired...all because of email.



1 comment:

PJ Hornberger said...

Didn't know that about Grandma Moses. I saw a traveling thing of her paintings in Austin. Was so cool. They even had her kitchen table she painted at, with the oil cloth. I went home and demanded a better looking table to work at. Ha! Got rid of that folding table. She was a hoot. Had to wait until HE died to paint. Not going to be guilty of THAT. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails