To Followers and New Guests...

To Followers and New Guests...

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

With the Beatles

Today has been declared 'Beatles Day' as part of a marketing blitz to promote a video game of some sort. It does not matter what the 'official' reason is. Even tho I got caught up in it and joined the largest group on Facebook, that doesn't really define my passion for the Beatles. Even being able to say I saw them in person does not get to the crux of the biscuit. Pictured here is what appears to be something from I scanned from the cover of Sgt Pepper. It isn't. It is a 2 inch piece of wood that I painted the design on. It was done after reading 'Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain'. It is my first 'painting on the right side of the brain'. If I could find my attempts to do anything like this prior to reading the book, you would know this represents a quantum leap. I still look at it in amazement. Having lived so long without the ability to do anything so realistic, I found it almost impossible to believe that I had accomplished this feat. Beatle music was something I frequently played when feeling creative; now I could even illustrate the lyrics that inspired me!
'...I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in, and stops my mind from wandering where it will go'... I had discovered an artistic license to let my mind wander where it wanted to go. I will be forever in debt to the Fab Four; I got by with a little help from those friends. Those friends will show up in this blog again in the future; they are such an important part of my past. I am still saddened by the loss of John and George; but the collective collaboborative spirit of my favorite Liverpudlians will continue on as precious muses. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails