To Followers and New Guests...

To Followers and New Guests...

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Serendipity in Pink Ink, and Green, and Aqua...


Wednesday is supposed to be (if I remember correctly) Anything Can Happen Day. I'm thinking perhaps this should be reinstated. This little doodle just sort of happened one day-I don't even remember when. It was done with different colored ballpoint pens, and is entirely made of dots. the technique is called pointillism (gotta spell check that). It is not what I usually do, but I am fascinated by what a bunch of little points can come to. I'll have to add Georges Seurat to my list of favorite artists. His piece "Sunday Afternoon on the Isle of La Grande Jatte" circa 1884 is just a delight. the play of light and shadow, color and form is something I would really like to see in person some day. Yum.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails